[Openchrome-users] only NTSC modes in VT1626 TV-out modes? -> need PAL

John Robinson john.robinson
Mon Aug 7 10:36:59 PDT 2006

On 07/08/2006 17:46, Lloyd Williams wrote:
> On Saturday 05 August 2006 13:45, John Robinson wrote:
>> I'd quite like to try progressive not interlaced, but presumably it
>> means a line rate of 31.25kHz, which would be WAY out of spec for my
>> standard TV, so dangerous to even try?
>
> The old Amigas and Playstations (and probably more besides) used to have a
> trick for this.
[...]

That just stops the interlace filling in the fields and jiggling up and
down by half a line. "Progressive scan" means outputting all 625 (or
525) lines in one go, still at 50 (or 60) Hz, i.e. double the line rate.

Cheers,

John.