[Openchrome-users] only NTSC modes in VT1626 TV-out modes? -> need PAL

Lloyd Williams binary_frog
Mon Aug 7 13:12:47 PDT 2006

On Monday 07 August 2006 18:36, you wrote:

> That just stops the interlace filling in the fields and jiggling up and
> down by half a line. "Progressive scan" means outputting all 625 (or
> 525) lines in one go, still at 50 (or 60) Hz, i.e. double the line rate.

Sorry if I did not make this clear. It *is* progressive scan, but at half the
vertical resolution; for PAL it outputs all 312 (288) lines in one go at 50
Hz. The line rate is only slightly different (312*50 = 15600), close enough
for TVs. Of course, the signal source does not treat this as an interlaced
display, just as an odd resolution (e.g. 576x288) progressive display. And,
of course, 625 lines at 50 Hz would unavoidably require double the line rate
as you say.