[Openchrome-users] FC5 with updates and kelkoo build - SOLVED :-)

Jules Gosnell jules
Wed Aug 9 06:00:56 PDT 2006

Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Don't forget to reply to the list.

oops - thanks, Xavier - thought I had, but was just talking to you.

My thanks to everyone on the list - please read the enclosed for an
explanation of the resolution of this issue.

Jules

> X.
>
> Jules Gosnell wrote:
>
>> So, I tried a number of things this evening.
>>
>> 1 of them was fiddling with my BIOS settings...
>>
>> I increased a video memory setting (can't remember the name offhand)
>> from 32mb to 64mb - all my recordings play happily now.
>>
>> It looks as if recordings with smaller dimensions were playing ok
>> whilst larger ones were being corrupted. I guess this was due to a
>> failed alloc somewhere...
>>
>> So, thanks for all the help guys, and sorry to trouble you with this.
>>
>> I now have to go buy a new videocard for the backend box, which gave
>> up the ghost just after I got the frontend working ! Always the way...
>>
>> Jules
>>

>> Xavier Bachelot wrote:

>>> ...snip...

>>> Just to make sure that this is not only related to MythTV, could you
>>> please test with xine from livna repo (xine -V xxmc file.mpeg) ? Try
>>> with a regular dvd too, it may come from the recording.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Xavier

crystallises out around it."

  * Jules Gosnell