[Openchrome-users] XvMC status

Stéphane Konstantaropoulos skonstant
Wed Aug 9 08:07:46 PDT 2006

Hi All,

I got a laptop with a VIA C7 and a PN800 in it, I was wondering what was the
status of the XvMC for such a chip?

(I am using the latest driver from kelkoo on Fedora Core 5)

mpeg2 seems to work fine so far, I need to use XvNODMA however, otherwise the
cursor area becomes funny and most fonts change colour.

What's the status of MPEG4?

What does XVMC_VLD bring that XVMC_MPEG2 doesn't?

I'd be interested into hacking the driver to try and get MPEG4 and H263 to
work. Is there any specifications / documentation for the chip internals
somewhere?

Is there any XvMC implementation of XVMC_MPEG4 and / or XVMC_H263 around at
all? (even for other cards, to get some inspiration).

Thanks
--
St?phane Konstantaropoulos <skonstant at sgul.ac.uk>
-- Web Developer - Computing Services