[Openchrome-users] FC5 with updates and kelkoo build - corrupt video when using XvMC - pic enclosed

Ivor Hewitt ivor
Thu Aug 10 01:45:23 PDT 2006

Jules Gosnell wrote:
 > <snip>
>
> "VIA XvMC does not support most MPEG-2 streams. It only decodes
> a subset of valid MPEG-2 streams. The PVR-250 recorder can be
> configured to only generate streams that VIA XvMC can support,
> but the Nova-T can not.

Never heard that before. I use a Nova-T and have never had an issue with
any streams.

A sanity check worth trying is to try to play the problematic streams
with xine with xxmc enabled.

After that some verbose logs (zipped) would be interesting.

> The thing to try first is to install MythTV and OpenChrome from
> the development versions to see if this is something that has
> already been fixed."
>
> Can anyone shed any more light on this problem ? Is it worth my trying
> to rebuild the drm or via modules from cvs ? which one should I try ?

Certainly worth building the driver from sources.