[Openchrome-users] FC5 with updates and kelkoo build - corrupt video when using XvMC - pic enclosed

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Tue Aug 8 12:08:29 PDT 2006

Jules Gosnell wrote:

> The h/w is a 1gz Epia EZRA (1586) with CLE266.
>
> Here's a picture of the problem :
>
> http://www.gosnell.org.uk/tmp/00032.jpg
>
> I have just rebuilt the box with a clean FC5, added the kelkoo repo,
> done a 'yum update', then added the atrpms repo and done a 'yum install
> mythtv-suite'.
>
> I rebuilt the kernel-module-via-drm SRPM from kelkoo and installed it.
> Kelkoo's xorg-x11-drv-via was already installed by my upgrade.

...snip...

> When I enable 'VIA XvMC' in MythTV and play recordings (made from my 2
> Hauppauge Nova-Ts) most of them are garbled as the pic above. Disabling
> XvMC allows them to be rendered correctly using much more cpu.

Just to make sure that this is not only related to MythTV, could you
please test with xine from livna repo (xine -V xxmc file.mpeg) ? Try
with a regular dvd too, it may come from the recording.