[Openchrome-users] New card. How to test?

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Thu Aug 10 14:47:29 PDT 2006

Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Radu Cristescu wrote:
>> Xavier Bachelot wrote:

>>> It will take a little more than adding the subsystem pci id has the
>>> system pci id is not yet supported, and thus the card not probed at
>>> all. Adding support for this new chipset might not be that difficult,
>>> but it'll take a little more time ;-)
>>>
>> OK, so what should I do to get it probed? I may not have the card for
>> too much longer as machine is supposed to be given back in the very
>> near future and I'd like to know if the OpenChrome drivers actually
>> work with it in the current form, or if they'll need further
>> investigation.
>
> Here is a monkey-work patch reproducing VM800 behaviour for the CX700.
> This is not tested and could be plain wrong, but at least will give you
> hints on where to search.

I've compiled the code for the first time tonight, and fixed a small
typo as well as diff'ed it properly this time. The updated patch can be
found here : http://washington.kelkoo.net/epia/patches/vt3157.patch
Radu, will you have any chance to test the patch ?