[Openchrome-users] 720x480 problems

Trevor Kramer tkramer
Sun Aug 13 13:39:44 PDT 2006

  Hello,

I am running mythtv on a EPIA board (CN700 North Bridge) using a
PVR-500 for captures. I am using the latest svn version of the
openchrome drivers and using Xv output. When capturing video at
720x480 (or when playing dvds using the mythtv Internal player) the
video plays back corrupted with red diagonal lines across the screen
and a green bar at the bottom - I have a picture of it here - http://
www.trevorkramer.com/myth_corrupted.jpg - The same file plays fine in
mplayer and xine. When capturing at 480x480 or several other settings
it plays back fine in mythtv. Also - I can play back 720x480 content
when using XvMC - it only happens when using Xv output in mythtv.
Anyone have any idea on why 720x480 would not work in myth but other
resolutions would? The mythtv folks are claiming this is an
openchrome problem.

Thanks,

Trevor