Re : [Openchrome-users] Anyone working on mpeg4, if so, I'd be happy to play 'tester'...

manu eallaud
Tue Aug 22 11:41:03 PDT 2006

Le 18.08.2006 08:20:17, Ivor Hewitt a ?crit?:

> > If you have some time over to do a test with VIA's driver it would
> be
> > really nice getting some CPU-usage figures both for HD and SD mpeg4
> > compared to openChrome's. If it turns out that accelerated mpeg4
> really
> > makes a difference, it might jump on the priority list.
> >
> And remember the biggie..... it only accelerates h.263 NOT h.264.
> No-one is broadcasting hdtv in h.263
>
> Secondly..... there seem to be very few chips with the mpeg4 accel..
> not
> all of the unichrome-pro's have it. It seems specific to the CN400.
> So the combination of the fact that only a handful of boards will
> benefit from it and the limited usefulness of accelerating h263
> anyway,
> mean the desire for spending that much time on it is reduced.

Just found this link
http://downloads.viaarena.com/LinuxApplicationNotes/Jan05/via%20fc1.0%20cle-cn400%20display%20appnote%20v0.8a.gz

where you can find some tables with cpu usage when playing mpeg4
content.
HTH
Bye
Manu

 p5.vert.ukl.yahoo.com uncompressed Tue Aug 22 18:27:01 GMT 2006

D?couvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet !
Yahoo! Questions/R?ponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos exp?riences.
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com