[Openchrome-users] TV-Out on CN700 (vt1625)

Ken Huisman ken_a
Fri Aug 25 15:57:58 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-25-08 at 10:03 -0500, Joel Means wrote:
> Hello all,
> I have a Via EPIA-EN12000E board that I am using to set up a MythTV box.
>  I am having some issues with using TV out.  I have set up the
> openchrome driver from SVN downloaded on 08/22/2006.  I have also
> installed CVS drm from the same date.  XvMC works fine with xine and
> xvtestcard.  When I hook up to the s-video or composite outputs, I get a
> very garbled image.  I can tell it is trying to display what is on my
> CRT, but it isn't right.  I am trying to get it working on a standard
> def NTSC set.  Can someone tell me if they have this working and what
> settings they have used in xorg.conf and in the BIOS.  I have tried
> several different combinations of settings, but get the same results
> each time.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Joel

vt1625 does not work yet - at least svideo and composite do not.  I
posted a patch a few months ago that gets one of the resolutions mostly
working (still a small black bar on the top of the screen), but that is
all there is right now.

cheers,

Ken