[Openchrome-users] TV-Out on CN700 (vt1625)

Lasse Bigum Lasse
Mon Aug 28 12:52:29 PDT 2006

On 12:23, Mon 28 Aug, Joel Means wrote:
> Lasse Bigum wrote:
> > On 10:03, Fri 25 Aug, Joel Means wrote:
> I have found that if I add the "VBEModes" "true" option as Lasse
> suggested, I can get any of the modes (640x480, 720x480, 720x480under)
> to work on the S-Video output, but, as he mentioned for his LCD, it
> screws up my CRT in any mode except 640x480 when I exit X.  (I can start
> X and get both displays working properly, but once I exit, I get "out of
> range" on my CRT and can't get it back without a reboot).

Oops, forgot about that it screws up the CRT (LCD in my case), so that
you can't use that display any more, until, as you correctly write, you
do a reboot. Did not try with 640x480 though, so that was new to me.

> I think that
> I can live with this, except for another problem that has come up.  In
> playing DVD's in xine, I have found that using the xxmc video decoder
> option, I can get my cpu usage down to ~20%.  Using xv or xvmc, I am up
> over 90% with excessive dropped frames.  But, if I enable TV output with
> the xxmc decoder, I don't get any video on the screen, on the CRT or the
> TV.  I tried with TV output only and with only a CRT connected but TV
> active, and I still get nothing.  Can someone explain to me a bit about
> xxmc vs xvmc and possibly help me with the lack of video?

Hmm, I don't have xine installed, but will give it a try once I get back
home from work today. I have only tried it with mplayer, and I forget
if it has been patched or not, made a mess of myself on IRC about that
;)

Will try to see what my CPU usage is when using mplayer vs. xine and the
different codecs.

/Lasse