[Openchrome-users] P4M800CE being detected as VM800

Chad masterclc
Tue Aug 29 01:20:13 PDT 2006

Hello!

I'm running OpenChrome via drivers from today, and DRM checked out
from today as well, all following the instructions on the wiki (and
using svn/cvs as necessary).

A bit of background:
I had a working [Gentoo] system and decided to break it :(  I was
upgrading a few major packages (GCC to 4.1.1, Xorg to 7.1) and decided
I should also include updates to Via, MythTV and Mplayer.  And now I
have a slightly unusable system.  XvMC isn't actually working in
mythtv, and I believe it is due to X incorrectly identifying my
chipset.  MythTV version is SVN (it's on a code freeze and I figured
I'd help out with testing the almost finished code for any bugs) from
today, I'm calling it 0.20 even though it's not quite there just
yet...

Any help on getting my system back to normal would be great.  I'm
attaching the verbose output from lspci and the Xorg.0.log (both
gzipped) and hopefully those will help.

Thank you!

-Chad