[Openchrome-users] P4M800CE being detected as VM800

Chad masterclc
Wed Aug 30 18:29:27 PDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm running OpenChrome via drivers from today, and DRM checked out
> from today as well, all following the instructions on the wiki (and
> using svn/cvs as necessary).
>
> A bit of background:
> I had a working [Gentoo] system and decided to break it :(  I was
> upgrading a few major packages (GCC to 4.1.1, Xorg to 7.1) and decided
> I should also include updates to Via, MythTV and Mplayer.  And now I
> have a slightly unusable system.  XvMC isn't actually working in
> mythtv, and I believe it is due to X incorrectly identifying my
> chipset.  MythTV version is SVN (it's on a code freeze and I figured
> I'd help out with testing the almost finished code for any bugs) from
> today, I'm calling it 0.20 even though it's not quite there just
> yet...
>
> Any help on getting my system back to normal would be great.  I'm
> attaching the verbose output from lspci and the Xorg.0.log (both
> gzipped) and hopefully those will help.
>
> Thank you!
>
> -Chad

I'm no further on this than before, does anyone have some insight as
to what my problem may be?  If it seems I'm mixing some bad versions
of any certain applications I'm up for
re-configuring/install/upgrading/downloading just about any version of
any application, I'm just not sure which one do that on.

Any thoughts at all are appreciated.

Thanks!

-Chad