[Openchrome-users] FC6 scrolling bug

Tony Grant tony
Wed Dec 6 23:54:25 PST 2006

Hi,

I need a little urgent help please.

Last week I did a yum upgrade on my FC4 machine and started having
strange freezes. This decided me to upgrade my machine to FC6 (my yearly
upgrade cycle makes me skip one Fedora Core version since FC2 came out).

In FC6 I was able to trace the freeze to scrolling in Firefox and other
Mozilla based browsers. I Googled around and there seems to be some kind
of component that has problems with direct screen rendering on a variety
of machines not just CLE266 ones.

My questions:

	- has anyone else experienced freezes with the combination VIA xorg
driver on CLE266 and geko based browsers?

	- does anyone have a simple solution to the problem (option in
xorg.conf for example)?

TIA

Tony