[Openchrome-users] R253 on trunk causes hang when switching back from VT

Thomas Hellström thomas
Thu Dec 7 09:49:15 PST 2006

Jon Nettleton wrote:

>On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 17:18 +0100, Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
>

>>Jon Nettleton wrote:
>>

>>>I can file a bug if preferred, but wanted to not that switching back to
>>>X I get a "DRM command buffer submission failed" and the Xserver hangs.
>>>I have a KM400 chipset and run Exa.  Attached is my log from the failed
>>>VT switch.
>>>

>>Jon,
>>Please try revision 255.
>>
>>/Thomas
>>

>Thomas,
>
>Works great.  Thanks for your work on the VT switching.
>
>Jon

Oh, it's really pconrails that you should thank.

BTW, I think the k8m890 Xv "Badalloc" problems come from the fact that
Xv doesn't set up
a bandwidth check for the device. Easily done in via_video.c if you
haven't really done it.

There's also an option to disable Xv bandwidth checking (for testing only.)

/Thomas