[Openchrome-users] CN700 problems.

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Sun Dec 17 07:24:06 PST 2006

Christiaan van Dijk wrote:
> Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > Christiaan van Dijk wrote:
> >> At first I could generate weird DMA/IRQ error messages on the
> >> HDD in the log files when doing background disc I/O and heavy
> >> screen access.
> >
> > Do you still have the old logs that contain these messages?  If
> > so, please post them.  Even if no one recognizes them, it will
> > give Google something to find later.
>
> here's some of the entries:
> Dec  4 17:29:54 HTPC-2 kernel: hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {
> DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> Dec  4 17:29:54 HTPC-2 kernel: hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 {
> DriveStatusError BadCRC }
> Dec  4 17:29:54 HTPC-2 kernel: ide: failed opcode was: unknown
> Dec  5 18:11:21 HTPC-2 kernel: hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {
> DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> Dec  5 18:11:21 HTPC-2 kernel: hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 {
> DriveStatusError BadCRC }
> Dec  5 18:11:21 HTPC-2 kernel: ide: failed opcode was: unknown
>
> I expected a drive problem, seem to have bad luck with new
> drives.

Have you tried reseating the connectors of the drive cable; and
exchanging the cable entirely?  Have you tried a different drive?
Is the power supply unit okay, have you tried exchanging it?
It might even been a faulty board, a flaky chip somewhere.  :(

> the power consumption is close to idle (35W, 33W idle,
> 40W full load).

Out of curiosity: how do you measure this consumption?

Benno