[Openchrome-users] K8M890CE / xv & mplayer

bob davis bob
Sun Dec 17 20:16:01 PST 2006

Jon Nettleton wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 20:08 -0300, Gabriel Mansi wrote:
>> With this patch mplayer is working. I need cleanup the code but is
>> usable for testing.
>>

> I talked with Gabriel and cleaned up his code for submission to the
> vt3336_branch in subversion.  I believe that I properly interpreted
> everything to acceptable openchrome code.  I also disabled XV debugging,
> so if everything does work you won't fill up your drives with logs while
> watching movies ;-)
>
> Nice work Gabriel for your testing and code contributions.  I would also
> like to thank everyone else who has, and will continue to test our
> development efforts.
>
> Please checkout and test the latest code from the vt3336 branch in
> subversion.  If 2d and XVideo work properly I will begin preparations to
> merge this branch back to trunk.
>
> Jon
dl'ed svn 279
I tested.
gxine -V Xv
mplayer -vo xv

I played both a copied dvd(no css) and an avi in xvid format.

I also tested -V XShm and -vo x11 just to make sure they(x11) still worked.

I still have the double column vt switching bug.
It looks pretty close to this screen shot from martin jurgens.
http://gamesplace.info/opensource/openchrome/con-issue.JPG

It looks pretty good. Anything else I can test? Thanks for all the good
work.

Just for anybody reading this list and finds my original message. I have
also recompiled the vesa driver 1.3.0 from xorg. I found they had a bug
where window movement and scrolling was about 20 times slower than
normal. Very painfull to use. It had something to do with the shadow
buffer. As far as I know this affected all ubuntu edgy users on all
video cards using the vesa driver. You can get the src here:
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/driver/xf86-video-vesa-1.3.0.tar.bz2

Of course with all the good work on the k8m890 0x3230 we dont need the
vesa driver anymore.

thanks
bob