[Openchrome-users] Performance Problems

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Sat Dec 30 04:46:50 PST 2006

Peter Sheldrick wrote:
> [drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
> [drm] Initialized via 2.11.0 20061227 on minor 0
> [drm:drm_release] *ERROR* Reclaim buffers locked deadlock

If you add         Option          "AIGLX" "off"
to the Section "ServerFlags", does this error go away?

> The performance didnt improve much. www.csszengarden.com with the
> design "Retro Theater by Eric Rog?" still gives me 100% CPU usage
> but this usage is now split up between firefox and xorg
> (30%/70%). Before the module updgrade it was Xorg ~ 100%.

This seems to be mainly a Gecko problem.  In Konqueror, after the
initial load, performance is fine and smooth: about 5% CPU usage,
whereas with Forefox the minimum (motionless) usage is 30%, and
70-100% during scrolling.  Hmm, Konqueror becomes more attractive
every day.

> glxgears -iacknowledgethatthistoolisnotabenchmark
>
> now gives me 5 times more fps (about 1000). This has nothing to
> do with openchrome ofc.

What's "ofc"?

Benno