[Openchrome-users] Performance Problems

Peter Sheldrick petersheldrick
Fri Dec 29 16:13:42 PST 2006

I loaded the drm module.
Now
dmesg | grep drm
gives

[drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
[drm] Initialized via 2.11.0 20061227 on minor 0
[drm:drm_release] *ERROR* Reclaim buffers locked deadlock

before i updated the module it was

[drm] Initialized drm 1.0.1 20051102

Now i also have
(II) VIA(0): direct rendering enabled
in my Xorg.0.log

The performance didnt improve much. www.csszengarden.com with the design
"Retro Theater by Eric Rog?" still gives me 100% CPU usage but this usage is
now split up between firefox and xorg (30%/70%). Before the module updgrade
it was Xorg ~ 100%.

I dont know if that is a good benchmark. Perhaps the page is just cheesy
(nobody likes css). This page is unviewable on my hardware.

glxgears -iacknowledgethatthistoolisnotabenchmark

now gives me 5 times more fps (about 1000). This has nothing to do with
openchrome ofc.

you are missing the kernel headers ? Don't know what distro you are
> using so I can't really help here.

Im using debian-etch and i was missing the kernel headers.

Xorg logfile: http://83.137.103.99/Xorg.0.log
Xorg conf: http://83.137.103.99/xorg.conf

Are up to scratch.