[Openchrome-users] P4VM800 support

userforum@openchrome.org userforum
Sun Feb 19 02:45:11 PST 2006

P4VM800 support
Hi,
i have a P4VM800 Chipset on a ASRock 775VM800 Board. Fortunately i got the openchrome x driver running. I compiled it against the xorg source tree (6.8.2) on ubuntu breezy.
Now i am wondering if openchrome has some kind of 3D support for this chipset.

I compiled the DRI kernel module via.ko. when i modprobe this module, nothing seems to happen. the only line dmesg does print is: [drm] Initialized drm 1.0.1 20051102
there is no dri device file. the x server cannot start dri. libdrm it the most current 1.0.5
is there some kind of debug mode for dri?

is it because openchrome does not fully support this chipset or am i doing something wrong?

thanks for any hints, bye