[Openchrome-users] VIA SP8000 observations

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh
Mon Feb 20 08:53:55 PST 2006

Hello,

Although the setup is much working better as I get along setting things
up I noticed this:

video.device.unichrome_cpu_save:0 in .xine/config works better than
enabling this option (video is smooth now but is less smooth when enabled)

Is this an openchrome issue or a xine specific problem?

Similar question for the xine menu's: when I use them (right mouse
button etc) a few frames are dropped. Is this a question of tuning my
VIA SP8000 (BIOS?), the Linux kernel or some xine config issue?
Or is it an openchrome problem?

Anyone can comment?

Thanks,
Udo