AW: [Openchrome-users] Framebuffer support?

Ethan Arnold ethan
Mon Jan 2 10:55:41 PST 2006

>> By the way, is there any way I can use openchrome on framebuffer console?

> The accellerated framebuffer stuff is part of the directfb stuff, I think.

As far as I could tell from the directfb homepage, they don't support mpeg
accel on the unichrome chipset (if on any). Seems to be more 3d graphics
(game) oriented to me. Their feature table
(http://www.directfb.org/index.php?path=Main%2FSupport%2FGraphics&driver=uni
chrome&device=unichrome) doesnt even list video acceleration.

Say, are there any other chipsets with mpeg2 hardware acceleration on
readily-available mainboards around? Or is Unichrome just about the only
option at the moment? (Other than DVB cards with hw decoder)