[Openchrome-users] no dri with debian xorg-6.9 via driver

John Robinson john.robinson
Thu Jan 5 13:31:16 PST 2006

On 05/01/2006 11:37, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Finally in Debian unstable a new version of xorg is arrived which brings
> a decent via driver (more than 640x480 res).
>
> But now I don't get any dri, strange.
[...]
> Any idea what I can do to change this?

Have a look at the 3D driver troubleshooting page on the wiki:
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=3D+driver+troubleshooting

In particular, what version of libGL.so do you have? I don't understand
this well, but I think version 1.2 uses DRI and unichrome_dri.so, and
version 1.5 is indirect only.

Also, a few days ago Rico Rommel reported:
> Within Suse 10.0 there are in /etc/profile.d two files, via.sh and via.csh,
> which set LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT to "1". It prevents from using
> hardware-acceleration. After removing that everthing looks ok.

Hope one of these helps.

Cheers,

John.