[Openchrome-users] no dri with debian xorg-6.9 via driver

Norbert Preining preining
Thu Jan 5 13:53:42 PST 2006

Hi all!

First of all thanks for the quick response!

On Don, 05 Jan 2006, tony wrote:
> What version of DRM is in the kernel?

[drm] Initialized drm 1.0.0 20040925
[drm] Initialized via 2.6.3 20050523 on minor 0:

On Don, 05 Jan 2006, John Robinson wrote:
> Have a look at the 3D driver troubleshooting page on the wiki:
> http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=3D+driver+troubleshooting

Ahh, first problem found:

$ dpkg -l libdrm1
ii  libdrm1        1.0.3-3   ...

but the above page states I need at least >= 1.0.5

But  ...

> In particular, what version of libGL.so do you have? I don't understand
> this well, but I think version 1.2 uses DRI and unichrome_dri.so, and
> version 1.5 is indirect only.

It is version 1.2

But using LIBGL_DEBUG I found a mor serious problem:

$ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose
$ export LIBGL_DEBUG
$ glxinfo
libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 5.0.0 unichrome (screen 0)
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/unichrome_dri.so
libGL error: dlopen /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/unichrome_dri.so failed (/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/unichrome_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: unable to find driver: unichrome_dri.so

So the unichrome_dri.so is missing. Is it missing only from the debian
packages, or is it thought to be like this, i.e. do I have to install it
separately?

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>             Universit? di Siena