[Openchrome-users] Re: Re: No Display after installing Via Driver

John Robinson john.robinson
Sat Jan 7 14:53:13 PST 2006

On 07/01/2006 08:37, Wilson L. wrote:
[...]
> Still the same issue, here are my logs:
[...]
> Thanks for your input- at least i am learning some new stuff about this...

This is quite mystifying. Everything looks great. Can we try three
things, though:

1. When you don't get a display, what happens with the power light? This
may tell us what sync signals are being generated. Try removing
	Option "dpms"
just in case your monitor's DPMS implementation is iffy.

2. You're set for 3 different modes - 1024x768, 800x600 and 640x480 -
which you can cycle through with Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Plus and
Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Minus. Please try this and see if any of the modes comes
up OK.

2. If you change
	Driver "via"
back to
	Driver "vesa"
do you get a display OK?

Anybody else on this list have one of these Dell E151FP 15" flat panel
displays?

Cheers,

John.