[Openchrome-users] Confused[NEWBIE]

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Mon Jan 16 07:04:03 PST 2006

Hi Mat and all Slackware user around,

openchrome at odonnells.demon.co.uk wrote:
> Can someone point a confused newbie in the correct direction. I would like to build and use the openchrome drivers, there is no binary package for the slackware distrubution so building is my only option. I can succesfully get hold of openchrome(Question: When I go to snapshots I get sent to a download area containing unichrome files, is this openchrome or unichrome?) using svn, when I try autogen.sh I get errors, I belive this is to do with not having the X.org source on my PC? Is this correct?
>
> So do I need to build X.org to then build the openchrome xvmc drivers, or will getting the latest X.org have the drivers in?
>

> Thanks Mat.

<BIG DISCLAIMER :>
I am not using Slackware and never used it. I also don't know if the
below URL is safe and/or running. This could well install a rootkit on
your machine or worst... This is for reference only, you now your distro
better than I will ever do.
</BIG DISCLAIMER>

Just found this, and thought it might possibly be useful to the Slack
guys hanging around :

http://amdg.no-ip.org/slackware/slackware-current/slackware/x/

Please report back to the ML.