[Openchrome-users] [mythtv-users] MythTV Hanging on Video Exit

Hans-Erik.Floryd Hans-Erik.Floryd
Wed Jan 25 14:37:49 PST 2006

Hi,

As has previously been reported on the list there seems to be a problem
with exiting video from mythtv. I'm running myth on an SP8000E board and
most of the time while exiting video I get back to the myth screen but
the system is unresponsive. Logging in remotely I can see X using 100% CPU.

I've attempted to trace the problem by adding debug output to the
driver. It appears to hang when viaStopVideo calls viaOverlayHide.
Adding further debug output to viaOverlayHide actually made the system
behave much better, it didn't crash nearly as often. When it did it
seemed that it happens while calling FlushVidRegBuffer. There's
eventually a while-loop in there (viaWaitVideoCommandFire), and my guess
is that for some reason that loop is never exited. This would explain
the 100% CPU usage.

Apart from this issue the driver is working beautifully, the mpeg2
acceleration is great!