[Openchrome-users] I'm missing something with VGA out

David Hamilton dhamilto
Sat Jul 1 09:29:44 PDT 2006

I've been using the openchrome drivers on my SP13000 for about a
year now using the SVideo Out with a converter to composite (My
receiver only has an SVideo input for the DVD player).

XvMC seemed to be working without problems for most of that time
using Xorg6.  I recently got a scan converter to convert the VGA out
from the SP13000 to Component in on the television.  I made the
fundamental mistake of changing two things at once and also upgraded
Xorg to 7.

I've managed to get a beautiful MythTV display but am having what I
believe to be XvMC issues.  I'm sure I'm simply missing something.
When I playback a recording with MythTV, I get high CPU usage ~40%
from mythfrontend and ~40% from X and color fluxuations with the
video.  With MythVideo using mplayer I get sound, but no video, it
simply stays at the video selection screen.

When I play videos directly from X (no mythfrontend), I get video
fine only if I don't use XvMC, but get sound with no video if I do
use XvMC.  Mplayer gives no error messages to specify a problem.

David