[Openchrome-users] XvMC on cle266 working jumpy/high load suddenly

Mario Emmenlauer mario
Sun Jul 2 10:59:37 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm going nuts on this problem...
I used to have XvMC-accelerated video on CLE266 w/ around 5%
cpu using Xorg 7 with Gentoo's x11-drm, xine -V xxmc and
video.device.unichrome_cpu_save:1.

Then I did some updates during the last one/two months and didn't
try xine again until yesterday, and now it stutters and gives a load
of around 1.9, while xine's cpu-usage jumps between 10% and 60%.

I down- and upgraded to all versions of
kernel: 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 to 2.6.16-gentoo-r9
openchrome: newest svn trunc
xf86-video-via: 0.1.33.2 and 0.2.1-r1
xine: 1.1.1-r3 to 1.1.2_pre20060630
x11-drm: 20050502 to 20051223
libXvMC: 1.0.2

... all (tried) combinations of the above work good on my CN400,
but all of them stutter on the CLE266.

Any hints on how to debug this?

BTW: I left out some unused x-libs, xine didn't complain on
compiling, could this be the cause? It works with this set of libs
on the CN400, but maybe you could still recommend a 'minimal set
of needed xlibs to get XvMC'?

Cheers,
  Mario