[Openchrome-users] XvMC on cle266 working jumpy/high load suddenly

John Robinson john.robinson
Mon Jul 3 05:18:50 PDT 2006

On 03/07/2006 13:10, Mario Emmenlauer wrote:
> Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:

>>> Also, it is worth noting that the xine cpu save option is a horrible
>>> hack that requires that the kernel timer tick frequency is 1000Hz or
>>> above. Some distributions ship their kernels with a lower tick frequency
>>> in which case the cpu save option will fail.
>
> Really good to know, because so many manuals around the web advertise
> this option as 'the ultimate trick' :-/

It probably is, if you like that sort of thing, but I don't.

On my CLE266, I have EnableAGPDMA but no unichrome_cpu_save and xine
plays DVD/mpeg2 very well, with pretty low CPU usage (~10%).

Cheers,

John.