[Openchrome-users] Fwd: Fujitsu Siemens L7310 unichrome pro PM880 not recognized by driver

Jaro Larnos jaro.larnos
Mon Jul 24 10:23:22 PDT 2006

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:03:19 +0200
Xavier Bachelot <xb_ml at kelkoo.net> wrote:

> Andris Jankevics wrote:
> > I am using a Kubuntu Dapper on Fujitsu Siemens L7310 laptop, if  i
> > am using a via driver, LCD screen of laptop gets blank, but i can
> > use a output to external monitor. I downloaded a source of the
> > xserver-xorg-driver-via package and added this line to via_id.c:
> >   {"Fujitsu/Siemens Amilo L7310",           VIA_PM800,   0x1734,
> > 0x10AB, VIA_DEVICE_CRT | VIA_DEVICE_LCD},
> >

> Commited, thanks :-)

Hi!

I don't seem to have luck with this. I have the exact same hardware
as Andris, and have Ubuntu on the laptop, and am still getting blank
screen (LCD backlight switched off?) after installing the drivers anew
from the cvs. Could it be I need to uninstall something first?

- Jaro -