[Openchrome-users] only NTSC modes in VT1626 TV-out modes? -> need PAL

Olivier Sessink lists
Sun Jul 30 23:02:45 PDT 2006

Roy Thompson wrote:
> Hmm, strange.
>
> I am using the rca tv-out, as my TV won't do s-video properly over
> scart. (comes out black and white -
> this is a common problem with scart apparently).

there are two scart versions, if your TV accepts the latest scart, it
can do S-Video over scart as well (my TV does allow me to input S-Video
using a scart converter). But I've tried Composite as well as S-Video,
and the color is the same, but S-Video is a bit sharper.

> That test card displays OK, I get about a cm or so around the red
> overscan box displayed, but it
> is not exactly centered.  It's a bit "shimmery" on the fine lines in the
> test card.

sounds much better than my result ;-)

> I've played a couple of low quality mpegs and the colours seem fine.
>
> I'll try and get some of the more colourful test cards and maybe try and
> take some photos of the tv.
> I've got this in my xorg.conf:
>
> ModeLine "720x576Over"     14.0625 720  760  800 900       576  600
> 615  625 -hsync -vsync interlace

hmmm, I thought the TV encoder ignores any modelines in the config? What
does your Xorg.log show when it comes to choosing resolutions?

regards,
	Olivier