[Openchrome-users] Curious GL problem

Bart Hartgers bart
Mon Jul 31 03:59:20 PDT 2006

Hi Everybody!

After getting mpeg playback to work on my EPIA SP8000E (CN400), I
decided to try a few games. And I found that hardware accelerated OpenGL
is as fast as the software version. glxinfo claims that direct rendering
is working in the hardware case, but glxgears shows no significant
difference in FPS. I get about 140 fps (fullscreen) in both cases. I am
using the latest openchrome-svn and drm-cvs and a recent libmesa.

Googling I found that other people get about 400 fps using hardware
opengl, so something seems to be wrong. Any ideas on what could be
happening or what I can try?

Thanks!

Groeten,
Bart