[Openchrome-users] Curious GL problem

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Mon Jul 31 12:58:37 PDT 2006

Bart Hartgers wrote:
> direct rendering is working in the hardware case, but glxgears
> shows no significant difference in FPS. I get about 140 fps
> (fullscreen) in both cases.

Maybe it is still somehow using direct rendering?  Have you tried
running 'LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=yes glxgears'?  For me that produces
about 35 fps (fullscreen), whereas direct rendering gives 115 fps
(fullscreen).  But fullscreen is not the normal way to compare fps
in glxgears: always use the default window size.  Then indirect
rendering produces 275 fps, and direct rendering 795 fps for me
(KM400, Athlon 2800+).

Benno