[Openchrome-users] CN700 XvMC

Bart Hartgers bart
Thu Jun 15 03:40:43 PDT 2006

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:21:46 -0700
> From: Trevor Kramer <tkramer at hampshire.edu>
> Subject: [Openchrome-users] CN700 XvMC
> To: openchrome-users at openchrome.org
>
> Hello,
>
> I have successfully gotten X running on a EPIA EN12000E (CN700,
> vt1625) using a patch supplied on the mailing list for tv-out. I also
> built the latest drm code adding the new pci ids the to
> drm_pciids.txt file. Xv works and dri is initialized but when using
> XvMC in mythtv I just a black screen.  This is outputted on the
> system log.
>
> agpgart: Found an AGP 3.5 compliant device at 0000:00:00.0.
> agpgart: Xorg tried to set rate=x12. Setting to AGP3 x8 mode.
> agpgart: Putting AGP V3 device at 0000:00:00.0 into 8x mode
> agpgart: Putting AGP V3 device at 0000:01:00.0 into 8x mode
> [drm:via_mem_alloc] *ERROR* Attempt to allocate from uninitialized
> memory manager.

Hi Trevor,

Noticed the same thing. It seems that recent DRM has a new memory
allocator that doesn't work anymore with openchrome (or possible Xserver
itself?). Something tries to allocate memory (using DRM_VIA_MEMALLOC)
before initialisation (using DRM_VIA_FB_INIT). I spent a couple of hours
yesterday to figure out what was happening, but no luck yet.

The quick fix is to downgrade DRM to an older version.

Groeten,
Bart
--
Bart Hartgers - TUE Eindhoven - http://plasimo.phys.tue.nl/bart/contact/