[Openchrome-users] CN700 XvMC

Bart Hartgers bart
Thu Jun 15 04:41:50 PDT 2006

Bart Hartgers wrote:
>> Message: 1 Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:21:46 -0700 From: Trevor
>> Kramer <tkramer at hampshire.edu> Subject: [Openchrome-users] CN700
>> XvMC To: openchrome-users at openchrome.org Message-ID:
>> <ADAA9D0D-91D5-4E12-8EF6-986686DDD7D0 at hampshire.edu> Content-Type:
>> text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; delsp=yes; format=flowed
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have successfully gotten X running on a EPIA EN12000E (CN700,
>> vt1625) using a patch supplied on the mailing list for tv-out. I
>> also built the latest drm code adding the new pci ids the to
>> drm_pciids.txt file. Xv works and dri is initialized but when using
>>  XvMC in mythtv I just a black screen.  This is outputted on the
>> system log.
>>
>> agpgart: Found an AGP 3.5 compliant device at 0000:00:00.0.
>> agpgart: Xorg tried to set rate=x12. Setting to AGP3 x8 mode.
>> agpgart: Putting AGP V3 device at 0000:00:00.0 into 8x mode
>> agpgart: Putting AGP V3 device at 0000:01:00.0 into 8x mode
>> [drm:via_mem_alloc] *ERROR* Attempt to allocate from uninitialized
>>  memory manager.

Some digging around in the openchrome sources showed that this is caused
by via_dri.c:VIADRIFBInit, where VIAAllocLinear is called before
drmCommandWrite(pVia->drmFD, DRM_VIA_FB_INIT,.. .

So the fix seems to be in changing the order. However, DRM_VIA_FB_INIT
needs an fb.offset that is returned by VIAAllocLinear. I am not quite
sure how to fix that chicken-and-egg problem.

Any ideas?

Groeten,
Bart

--