[Openchrome-users] 2 videos at the same time--any help would be great

userforum@openchrome.org userforum
Mon Jun 19 01:56:33 PDT 2006

2 videos at the same time--any help would be great
Hello,

In my previous topic I just asked whether it is possible to display two different videos?

I think I should give more details. I have EPIA ML8000. This also uses CLE266 such as EPIA M10000.

Sometime ago I have give a try to play 2 different videos with an older version of unichrome drivers. It was before the fork. I remember that I was able to play different videos with a success. While the first one is using hardware acc. the other one uses soft. I was satisfied with the performance because the second video which uses the soft decode is a MPEG4 file and needs very low performance.

Yesterday I give a try with the latest openchrome drivers. With the same video files (first opening video file is MPEG2 and the second one is MPEG4) I have no success. First MPEG2 one plays very smooth while the second MPEG4 one is ugly. As I notice when xine attempts to play the second video file dri creates a new screen such as "__driCreateNewScreen_20050727 - succeeded". But in my previous successfull attempt the older driver does not create a new dri screen it just passes through the cpu for softcodes.

Any help on how to play 2 different video files just as the same success with older unichrome projects driver would be great. I am sure that there must be a driver parameter for xorg.conf or a xine parameter.

Thanks for support,

Goktug

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_reply_threadId=1&comments_parentId=&post_reply=1#form>