[Openchrome-users] CN400 interlaced modes / RGB output

Ivor Hewitt ivor
Sat Mar 4 14:50:24 PST 2006

On Saturday 04 March 2006 22:35, Lloyd Williams wrote:
> Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> > The VT1625 supports RGB interlaced and progressive.
> > It should be possible to get the chip outputting an RGB signal instead of
> > a YCbCr signal.
> > It just needs someone with a board with a VT1625 on it to play with the
> > code.
>
> VT1622, 1623 and 1625 (not VT1621) all support YPbPr and RGB output
> (according to http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/video-display/tv/). Only
> the EPIA MS series (CLE266, VT1622A) seem to have headers on the
> motherboard for actually using these outputs though.

Right. But the component out is on the same pins as the RGB out from the
VT1625... and there are boards which have the component connectors wired up
already (Commell boards).

I didn't think there were any VIA manufactured boards that had the
component/rgb output wired up... I think you may have more luck using a board
that's connected up already... them are awfully small pins on that TV chip.

--
Ivor Hewitt.