[Openchrome-users] Newbee Question: Openchrome sufficient for watching DivX?

Bazon bazonbloch
Wed Mar 8 10:48:10 PST 2006

Thanks John, but of course again some questions:

John Robinson schrieb:

>On 08/03/2006 10:04, Bazon wrote:
>

>>1. Xine output:
>>If you mean the video output: Still too slow. (But I'm not sure how to
>>set up Xine-ui 0.99.3, too (e.g. picking a video driver...  ...at least
>>XvMC isn't mentioned in Xine-ui 0.99.3/settings/video/driver [menu, not
>>path]))
>>

>Start xine with -V xxmc or open the setup page, and on the video tab
>pick xxmc as the video driver to use; that's how to get xine to use the
>VIA XvMC driver. If you go via the setup page, you'll need to quit and
>restart xine for it to take effect.

No xxmc Option here, only: auto, dxr3, aadxr3, xv, opengl, aa, caca,
xshm, none, sdl, vidix, vidixfb and fb.

>If you have no xxmc option, your installation of xine doesn't have the
>driver in it, and you'll need to find a copy that does, or build
>xine-lib from source.

OK, I'll try to search such a version, but if anyone has a link I
wouldn't be unhappy...;-)

>openChrome doesn't yet include mpeg4/divx acceleration, but even if it
>did it wouldn't help as the CLE266 chipset on the M6k doesn't do
>anything for mpeg4; I'm amazed you can watch divx under Windows XP on
>your machine.

So there is only the officical via driver which only includes mpeg
accelearation for root?
That'd would be a bad situation...

And yes, I don't have any problems with DivX on XP on my Via Epia M 6000....

Is there really no-one who managed to watch DivX on this board on Linux,
too?

>>3. I tried to install the Via Enhanced Xine Player from
>>https://sourceforge.net/projects/viaexp/ but I didn't suceed, as it
>>claims I haven't installed the UniChrome Pro VGA driver, but in fact I
>>didn't try, as I read, the UniChrome driver doesn't support mpeg
>>accelaration anymore.
>>So the Via Enhanced Xine Player doesn't work with OpenChrome?
>>

>No it won't work with openChrome or L*c's unichrome driver; vexp is for
>the VIA binary drivers only.

That's strange because the failure message was:
configure: error: conditional "HAVE_XV" was never defined.
Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.
*** Error: Fail to compile.
Please ensure the UniChrome Pro VGA driver has been installed.
Or, visit the http://sourceforge.net/projects/viaexp for more help.

[I didn't found much help there...]

Thanks,
Bazon