[Openchrome-users] Newbee Question: Openchrome sufficient for watching DivX?

Ivor Hewitt ivor
Thu Mar 9 00:46:28 PST 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 07:08, Bazon wrote:
> I have libxvmc.
> Search for xvmc in Synaptic Installer leads to ([x]=installed, [ ]= not
> installed):

Hmm, I'll take a look at the machine I installed ubuntu on tonight.

> >As long as the divx isn't hd res or something, it should play fine as long
> > as you have working Xv.
>
> With Xv you mean xvmc?
> I mean, I can select xv driver in Xine or in mplayer, but then again
> video output is too slow (as always yet...)

No Xv. It does scaling and colour conversion in hardware and will give  a
noticeable improvement.
Xvmc won't affect divx.

It's probably worth running xine from the command line and getting a verbose
log output. It may provide a clue.

--
Ivor Hewitt.