[Openchrome-users] Mesh notebook ... success & failure

Peter Lord peter
Sat Mar 25 04:44:56 PST 2006

Hi All,

I have a Mesh Pegasus notebook ( Mesh is a UK company which appears to
re-badge generic kit ). I have xorg 7.0 and am building from source
according to
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Compiling+the+source+code

The openchrome drivers don't list the pci id's for this, so I added in :-

    {"Mesh Pegasus",                         VIA_K8M800,  0x1558,
    0x4702, VIA_DEVICE_CRT | VIA_DEVICE_LCD},

to  via_id.c.  can this be added to the repository ?

I also needed to enable the software cursor in xorg.conf, otherwise the
mouse was drawn in the wrong place !

2D now works fine :-).

Moving onto 3D, I've built drm according to the instructions and enabled
glx & dri in xorg.conf.  This appears to load okay, in Xorg.0.log I see :-

    (II) VIA(0): direct rendering enabled

However, glx doesn't appear to be happy :-(  I see :-

    $ glxinfo
    name of display: :0.0
    libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 5.0.0 unichrome (screen 0)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/dri/unichrome_dri.so
    drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID PCI:1:0:0
    drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
    drmOpenDevice: open result is 4, (OK)
    drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 4
    drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:01:00.0
    __driCreateNewScreen_20050727 - succeeded
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x22
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x24
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x26
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x28
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2a
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2c
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d
    Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual

/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/dri/unichrome_dri.so listed above is the one I
just built from source.

glxgears doesn't work at all.

I'm using gentto, BTW, and also have mesa 6.4.2 installed.

Anything I can do to debug further ?

Thanks,

Pete