[Openchrome-users] Commell LV-667

Ken Huisman ken_a
Mon Mar 27 20:40:06 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 00:04 +0100, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> On Monday 27 March 2006 04:45, Ken Huisman wrote:
> > I pulled down the latest SVN version of the code (March 26) and built it on
> > my system, but I get ugly bars and wacky colors on my TV screen when I
> > start X.
> >
> PAL or NTSC?
> Also.. what video mode are you using? are you using one of the TV specific
> modes.

NTSC

I tried to use the following resolutions:
720x480Over
720x480Fit
640x480

All of which the X logfile seem to indicate are valid for my hardware
and are considered valid for the VT1625.  All give me crazy screens of
black bars and scrambled garbage.

I dont know what 720x480Fit is, it isn't documented in the man page.  Do
you know?

> Someone reported success with the VT1625... but I can't recall if it was PAL
> or NTSC. Noone is currently working on the code therefore it needs testing
> and/or fixing by someone with the hardware to hand.

Bummer.  Well, I've got some hardware to test with and I'm a coder, but
I've got no experience writing X drivers.  Where would be a good place
to start looking around?

thanks,

Ken