[Openchrome-users] Modular x from gentoo, add on svn openchrome

David Shay davideshay
Tue Mar 28 08:21:05 PST 2006

I'm hoping this is a simple question....

I'm in the middle of configuring a commell lv667-d with gentoo.  The system
is up, I've emerged modular xorg 7.0 and have it running fine.  I now wanted
to update to the latest openchrome drivers, so I followed the instructions
in the wiki.  Everything compiled and installed fine, but it would appear
that the standard gentoo modular xorg build put stuff in /usr/lib whereas
the openchrome installation put it in /usr/local/lib and I now have copies
in both.  How do I specify which to use, or can I direct the openchrome svn
build to install stuff to /usr/lib?  If so, how?

Also, I am running 2.6.16.  Do I need to update drm per the instructions in
the wiki?

Thanks.