[Openchrome-users] Commell lv-667 xorg.conf

David Shay davideshay
Tue May 2 05:45:05 PDT 2006

On 5/2/06, Ivor Hewitt <ivor at ivor.org> wrote:

> On Monday 01 May 2006 21:41, you wrote:
> > No problem.  That's all mine is right now, too.  Didn't know if there
> was
> > anything specific in there that might relate to solving my other
> problems
> > with the window-shutter look on 1280x720 or performance-related [see my
> > other note].
> >
> Hmm the window shutter effect is a scaling problem... but I thought that
> was
> fixed. What are the details of the video being played and screen res for
> display?
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Ivor Hewitt.

It's quite strange.  My monitor is currently set to 1280x1024.  When I play
1280x720 video, I get the window shutter effect [which should obviously not
be scaled].  Oddly, when I play 1920x1080 video, for about a second or two I
see the window shutter effect and then it disappears replaced by beautiful
widescreen video, but obviously scaled down to fit the screen.  What can I
do to help debug?

BTW, this is all using Xine with -V xxmc.  The files are all HDTV from a
Dvico USB HDTV receiver.   The problem exists with any HDTV source video,
though.  I wish I had a 1920x1080 monitor to test with, but I don't right
now.  I hoped to get a 1920x1080 DVI video for the ultimate solution here,
but one that also had a VGA adapter.  In that case, even if DVI doesn't
work, I could hook up VGA.