[Openchrome-users] xorg doesnt (report ASAP)

rogier visser rogier.visser
Tue May 2 05:08:45 PDT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to get my unichrome card to work in Linux, but it doesnt
work. Anytime I try to load ANY via driver (xf86-video-via,
xf86-video-unichrome, openchrome), I get the same result. After I do
startx, the screen remains black. switching to vc/2, and back to vc/1,
reveals the next error:

(EE) VIA(0): Unknown Card-Ids (14FF|314), report this to
openchrome-users at openchrome.org ASAP

So that.s what Im doing now. What should I do? The vesa driver works,
but is crappy for video.

I am running Archlinux, and Xorg 7, svn openchrome drivers
downloaded/compiled today)

thanks in advance...

output of dmesg:
agpgart: Detected VIA PM800/PN800/PM880/PN880 chipset
agpgart: AGP aperture is 128M @ 0xe8000000

my xorg.conf file:
========================xorg.conf===============================
Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "Xorg Configured"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "PS/2 Mouse" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
	Option "AllowMouseOpenFail"  "true"

EndSection

Section "Files"
	RgbPath      "/usr/share/X11/rgb"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/misc:unscaled"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/misc"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi:unscaled"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi:unscaled"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/cyrillic"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/Type1"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/TTF"
EndSection

Section "Module"
         Load  "ddc"  # ddc probing of monitor
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "dri"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "glx"
         Load  "bitmap" # bitmap-fonts
	Load  "type1"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "record"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "keyboard"
         Option      "CoreKeyboard"
	Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
	Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option "XkbLayout" ""
	Option "XkbVariant" ""
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "PS/2 Mouse"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option      "Protocol" "auto"
	Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
	Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
	Option      "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
	Option	    "SendCoreEvents"  "true"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier "Monitor0"
	Option "DPMS" "true"
	HorizSync    60 # Warning: This may fry old Monitors
	VertRefresh  75 # Very conservative. May flicker.
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Card0"
	Driver      "vesa"