[Openchrome-users] [openChrome] #14: VT1623 24bit 720x576NoScale broken

Robin Gilks g8ecj
Wed May 3 02:47:07 PDT 2006

>  As mentioned by Wander, the following does fix the issue. Although there
>  is still some flickering on PAL TVs which makes using it for anything
>  other than viewing television impossible.
>
>  SubSection "Display"
>                 Depth           24
>                 Modes          "720x576Noscale"
>                 Virtual                722 576 #This is slightly wider
>                 ViewPort       2 0 #This tells xorg to start displaying 2
>  pixels from the left
>  EndSubSection

Brilliant - this has not only given me 24 bit colour in NoScale mode but
has enabled the colour OSD in Mythtv and caused the 'ghost' (lack of
complete fadeout) problem of the OSD to go away as well :-)

I'm a very happy bunny now!

--
Robin Gilks