[Openchrome-users] VT1625 (commell LV-667) success

Eric Gilbert eric.gilbert
Wed May 3 10:17:51 PDT 2006

On 5/2/06, Ken Huisman <ken at billionmonkeys.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 10:36 -0700, Eric Gilbert wrote:
> > Awesome! You rock Ken!
> >
> > I don't have my board hooked up to the TV at the moment but here is
> > are some screen caps that looks pretty awesome using your patch at @
> > 24 and 16 bit on composite from my capture card.
[snip]
> I'm a bit confused by your statement - You were able to get X up in 24
> bit with my patch and it worked?
> (it doesnt for me)

It sort of worked in 24 bit.

In my testing setup I ssh into the box and have the composite out
hooked up to a Plextor ConvertX TV-402U and I grab screens from that
to see if it is a "safe enough" output to hook up to the TV. I was
able to start X in 24 bit and start plating a video in Xine, which I
then grabbed the output from that to get the screen caps I linked to
previously.

When I tried it directly connected to the TV last night @ 24 bit, X
was stable (no rolling no apparent screen corruption) but in myth the
menus were unreadable and unusable as the text was garbled from the
overlapping.

Here is a capture of the main menu at 24 bit
http://geekgod.dyndns.org:8888/download/Testing/myth24.png

One weird thing is that the video from xine and myth looks fine at 24bit.

I stopped X changed the default to 16 bit restarted X and the menu in
myth was fine and dandy.

Here is a picture of the main menu in Myth.
http://geekgod.dyndns.org:8888/download/Testing/DSCF2128.JPG

Myth Farscape 720p 4:3 Pillarbox source Zoom Fill output
http://geekgod.dyndns.org:8888/download/Testing/DSCF2137.JPG

Xine Farscape 720p 4:3 Pillarbox source
http://geekgod.dyndns.org:8888/download/Testing/DSCF2135.JPG

Xine Scrubs 1080i 4:3 Pillarbox source
http://geekgod.dyndns.org:8888/download/Testing/DSCF2132.JPG

and for good measure here is my xorg.conf and log
http://geekgod.dyndns.org:8888/download/Testing/xorg.conf
http://geekgod.dyndns.org:8888/download/Testing/Xorg.0.log

One thing that was not working in myth at either depth but did work in
Xine was the 1080i clip from Scrubs.

So