[Openchrome-users] possible CH7xxx ActiveDevice problem

Terry Lewis terry
Sat May 6 16:51:53 PDT 2006

False alarm on the ActiveDevice thing. It was actually TVOutput which isn't
really needed in most cases. Also I had VBEModes enabled which didn't help
much with the chrontel code. :)

I had same issues as you did.

LCDPower isn't called anywhere in via_mode.c so I made a temporary hack to see
what happens, this fixes the LCD still on and garbled display on LCD when the
tv encoder is initialised, naturally I need to handle this in the ch7xxx
code. (I believe support for simultaneous display is not yet supported?)

The case when switching to console is probably due to the fact that tvpower
isn't working, at least I never saw any chrontel related messages in the
logs. Once working, should fix that issue. Only other thing I suppose is
modes which makes the picture on the tv all over the place just like your
photos. the built in ones don't work well it seems. Modes are a bit over my
head right now so I'm hoping someone could help me look into that.

Anyway, expect a patch sometime tomorrow to fix some of the immediate issues
at least.

On Saturday 06 May 2006 14:31, Boris Du?ek wrote:
> On Saturday 06 May 2006 15:10, Boris Du?ek wrote:
> > The results are on http://openchrome.wz.cz. There you can download
>
> sorry, you should append index.html   :
> http://openchrome.wz.cz/index.html Boris
> Main page: