[Openchrome-users] TV out control?

Ivor Hewitt ivor
Tue May 16 08:22:33 PDT 2006

Greg Farrell wrote:
> Hi,

>    I use the Openchrome drivers in a mini-itx mythtv pvr running on a
> via SP13000. I use 720x576NoScale as per most of what I can find via
> google. The problem is that the image is slightly down and to the right of
> where it should be on my tv.
>
> The tv doesn't seem to have any options for adjusting image location.
>
> Is it possible to adjust x/y output with the openchrome driver? Or is the
> tv out chip a totally seperate device outside the control of your driver?

yes very easily with the chip.... but not with the current driver code.

> Anybody know how to adjust the tv out x/y on a SP13000?

If you're just using the 720x576 mode then you could use terry barnaby's
vt1622.c program to tune the horizontal & vertical settings....

However, I'm just putting the finishing touches to a little utility to
generate the settings for any mode, and once that's done (and if it
works well enough) converting the driver code over to use it.

Ivor
http://www.ivor.it