[Openchrome-users] SP8000e HDTV playback

Paul Bender pebender
Sun May 21 08:39:40 PDT 2006

Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> I'm also getting semi-frequent XvMC lockups on my SP8000e hardware. The
> machine stays
> responsive and I can telnet in (minimyth uses telnet, oddly enough), but
> mythfrontend
> locks up during playback.

It is not so odd to use telnet. MiniMyth is a relatively small diskless
image that runs as root and has no security. Therefore, using ssh would
add the image size and CPU overhead without adding anything to security.

In the past I thought about adding LDAP based security to MiniMyth since
I use LDAP for everything. However, I decided that this was extra
overhead for no real gain since the MiniMyth image and configuration are
pulled from a TFTP server which is not secure by design.